The above animation shows the dynamical plane (on the left) for the rational map with n = 4 and d = 3 as the parameter (on the right) begins in the center of a Sierpinski hole, passes through a Mandelbrot set, and ends in the Cantor set locus.
While earning a Masters in Mathematics for Teachers at Western New England College (University now), Thomas Hull was kind enough to let me work on Flat Vertex Fold Sequences with him. It is published in Origami 5.
I am currently studying complex dynamics with Bob Devaney. He is awesome. Specifically, we are examining structures in the parameter plane for singularly perturbed complex rational maps.
- A Sierpinski Mandelbrot Spiral for Rational Maps of the Form z^n + lambda / z^d, in progress
- A Sierpinski Mandelbrot Spiral for z^4 + lambda / z^3, submitted Nov 2017
- Flat Vertex Fold Sequences, in Origami 5, published June 2011
- Joint Math Meetings, San Diego, (upcoming) January 2018 - my talks  
- Topics in Complex Dynamics, Universitat de Barcelona, October 2017 - my talk
- Workshop on New Frontiers in Complex Dynamics: From One to Several Variables, Fields Institute, Toronto, July 2017
- Midwest Dynamical Systems Seminar, IUPUI, Indianapolis, November 2016 - my poster
- Jackfest aka North American Workshop in Holomorphic Dynamics, Cancun, May 2016
- Topics in Complex Dynamics, Universitat de Barcelona, November 2015 - my talk