PUTNAM TRAINING AND RESOURCES
THU 6:00-7:00 PM - LUNT 104
Unless otherwise specified all sessions are in Lunt 104.
- Thursday, October 18th, 6:00pm-7:30pm - Selection Test
- Thursday, October 25th, 6:00pm-7:00pm - Elton Hsu - Analysis
- Thursday, November 1st, 6:00pm-7:00pm - Miguel A. Lerma - Induction, Recurrences, Generating Functions - Problems
Problem A4 of this year's Selection Test asked a question about a sequence defined recursively, that could be solved by mathematical induction. We will look at this and similar problems.
- Thursday, November 8th, 6:00pm-7:00pm - Wenyuan Li - Combinatorics
- Thursday, November 15th, 6:00pm-7:00pm - Elton Hsu
- Thursday, November 22nd: THANKSGIVING, NO TRAINING SESSION TODAY.
- Thursday, November 29th, 6:00pm-7:00pm - Miguel A. Lerma - Easy Putnam Problems
Annoucement in Math calendar
Collections of Problems
- Paul Zeitz: The Art and Craft of Problem Solving, John
Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1999. (Mathematical problem solving for
- Arthur Engel: Problem-Solving Strategies, Springer, 1998.
(A unique collection of competition problems from over twenty major national
and international mathematical competitions for high school students.)
- Further bibliography on Math problem solving